The Tullamore and AIB National Livestock Show will be taken place on Sunday, August 11th 2019, located at Butterfield Estate, Blueball, in Tullamore, County Offaly, just 45 minutes from The Abbeyleix Manor Hotel.
Tullamore is more than a show. It is also the showcase of rural Ireland’s best traits. Tullamore has a spacious eight hectares of tented pavilions, six catering villages, and stands covering everything from your home and garden to our baking tent with its famed Chocolate Cottage Construction Challenge.
Other family favourites include the dogs, poultry and rare breed section where you can see all types of animals from Mazalitza Pigs to Pygmy Goats. Easy access, ample parking and good food, characterise the peoples farming All Ireland.
The show contains over 700 trade stands involving many regular features, events and new additions such as:
• Livestock and Bloodstock - (All Ireland cattle, horse, sheep competitions. Equestrian section: Horse showing, show jumping, ridden hunters, working hunter, miniature horses and ponies.)
• Fashion and features - (Catwalk fashion and entertainment competitions such as ‘Best Dressed Lady’, ‘Best Dressed Man’, ‘Glamorous Granny’, ‘Young Mister’ and ‘Mr Offaly’ ‘Miss Offaly’, ‘Bonny Baby’ and ‘Traditional Farmer’.)
Indoor workshops – (Workshops with helpful hints and tips)
• Business and enterprise exhibits – (Trade, rural enterprise, inventions, and food fair from artisan producers.)
• Skills and demonstrations – (Sheepdog trials, cookery demonstrations, sheep shearing demonstrations, macra farm skills)
• Forestry and sustainable living - (Forestry and renewable energy exhibits plus demonstrations.)
• The Offaly experience – (Stopover to Offaly international visitor centre and tourist information.)
• Animals and pets – (See rare breeds from Mazalitza pigs to Pygmy goats. Dog agility trials included.)
• Live music and entertainment – (Eclectic mix of the latest music groups include 1 day 9 Bands; Ruaile Buaile; Rugged wood; Transmitter; Rahan Comhaltas; Joe Wynne; Pipe Band; Good Man Sheila; SHUAL; Fallen Lights)
• Cookery and food – (Over 90 classes, competitions consist of ‘All-Ireland Youth Competition’. Speciality section: Three novelty cupcake competitions for adults, teenagers and youth; ‘Centra Everyday Baking Challenge’; ‘Hey Pesto! Chocolate Cottage Construction Challenge’; ‘Qualifier for the Harvest Teatime Tray to Moate Show’; ‘Qualifier for the Christmas Baking Championship to Eyrecourt Show’; Cheesecake)
• Art and photography – (All artistic things include competitions for children and adults; Slieve Bloom Photography Club; Annaharvey Art Club; Mary Wallace, a contemporary Irish Visual Artist; and Debbie Chapman, a contemporary Irish Artist.)
• Crafts and Needlework – (From handwriting, patchwork, knitting to sewing exhibitions and demonstrations. Additional class include ‘Best Item in Babywear Cardigans’.)
Fantastic events for everyone to enjoy
The Abbeyleix Park Hotel Offers:
• Full Irish Breakfast each morning of your stay
• Excellent choice of dining options in our Manor Bar & Bistro
• Complimentary, unlimited WiFi
What to know before you go:
• Family friendly hotel
• Ample FREE parking
• An array of local attractions in the Laois area.
Be sure to book early to avoid disappointment.