Walking and Gardens
Do you love the great outdoors as much as we do? The beautiful town of Abbeyleix and the Laois area has an abundance of wonderful graded walks. Ranging from relaxing, gentle family walks to longer 4-10km loops, through forests, bog tracks, historial sites and stunning views that everyone can enjoy while staying with us, at our wonderful Co. Laois hotel.
- Abbeyleix Looped Walks - Walking in Abbeyleix
- Binninea Loop, Cullahill - The Binninea Loop
- Granstown Lake - Granstown Lake Walks
- Haywood - Heywood Heritage Walks
- Durrow Loops - Durrow Loop Walks
- Capard Loops - Capard Loop Walks
- Glenbarrow Loops - Glenbarrow Loop Walks
- Oakvale (Oughaval) Walks Stradbally - Oakvale Loop Walks
Abbeyleix and the Laois area has some exceptional gardens for you to enjoy, listed below are just a few. For more listings please visit the South Laois Tourism website. click here
- Fruitlawn Gardens www.laoistourism.ie/directory/fruitlawn-garden
- National Stud and Gardens www.irishnationalstud.ie
- Haywood Gardens www.laoistourism.ie
For more details about Laois Walks Festival, click here.